1. Inch count (Ne) - under the specified moisture re […]
1. Inch count (Ne) - under the specified moisture regain, the multiple of 840 yards of the length of 1 pound of yarn, that is to say, 1 pound of yarn is exactly 840 yards long, which is 1 yarn, 1 pound of yarn The thread length is 21 x 840 yards long, and the fineness of the yarn is 21, written as 21s. The inch count is made to order, so the larger the count, the finer the yarn. The inch count is not the current legal yarn fineness index in my country, but it is still widely used in enterprises, especially in the cotton textile industry.
2. Metric count (Nm) - Under the specified moisture regain, the meter multiple of the length of 1 gram of yarn, that is to say, 1 gram of yarn is exactly 1 meter long, which is 1 (male) yarn, 1 gram of weight The yarn length is 200 meters long, and the fineness of the yarn is 200. Metric counts are also made to order, so the larger the count, the finer the yarn. It is used in cotton and woolen textile industries.
3. Tex (Tex) number - also known as "number", refers to the weight of 1000 meters long yarn under the specified moisture regain, it is a custom-length unit, the larger the gram weight, the thicker the yarn , often used to represent wool yarn.
4. Denier (D) - also known as "denier" or (denier: denier), refers to the weight in grams of 9,000 meters of yarn or fiber under a given moisture regain, which is also a fixed-length system. Unit, the larger the gram weight, the thicker the yarn or fiber, which is often used to represent chemical fiber filament, real silk, etc. Due to the irregular shape of the fiber filament and the yarn, and the hairiness (protruding fiber short hair) on the surface of the yarn, we cannot use the diameter to express its fineness, so the textile workers use the above indicators to express. Yarn fineness index calculation formula and conversion relationship Ne = yarn length in yards / (840 * yarn weight in pounds) Nm = fiber or yarn length in meters / weight in grams Ntex = (1000 * fiber or yarn weight grams)/length meters Nden=(9000*fiber or yarn weight grams)/length meters conversion relationship: Nm=9000/Nden Ntex=1000/Nm Ntex=Nden/9 Ntex=583/Ne (cotton type material); Ntex=590.5/Ne (chemical fiber)